(Eng) Sensors and IoT in The Digital Twins Technology

All about BIM, Digital Twins, FM, CFD (english language)

Moderator: Predrag J

Predrag J

(Eng) Sensors and IoT in The Digital Twins Technology

Post by Predrag J »

To make sure that all the processes related to data will be completely clear to every reader of the article, let's look at the data in the digital twin model from the perspective of data science. If we start from the point of view that there is no essential difference between data in data science and data in digital twin technology, data-related processes can be roughly divided into:

- data collection;
- data storage;
- data analysis;
- data visualization;
- decisions and actions based on the results of data analysis.

Given the fact that a detailed consideration of all data-related processes would be very difficult to fit into one article, my intention in today's article is to consider in detail the data collection process in digital twin technology of constructed facilities, while in future articles I will consider other data-related processes.

Data Collection

Assuming that the reader of this article is completely clear about the way data is generated in the BIM project process, I am not sure that it is completely clear to everyone what the purpose of sensors and IoT is and how they support digital twin technology. In order to help readers better understand the role of sensors and IoT in digital twin technology, I will provide answers to the following fundamental questions regarding data collection in digital twins:

- What are the sensors?
- What are sensors used for and what is their purpose?
- What is IoT (Internet of Things) and what is IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things)?
- What is the connection between the sensor and the IoT?
- How and where to store the collected data from the analysis sensor?

For more details about the article, please select the following link:

https://www.teamcad.rs/index.php/en/new ... technology